JOIN IN MY JOURNEY OF HEALTH AND FITNESS

Thursday, November 6, 2008

MY FOOD JOURNEY TODAY


Ok here we go - I went to Sydney today to a Women in Real Estate Conference. Asked my hubby to set the alarm for 4:45am but the alarm went off at 4:30 so though I best get up and get dressed so I would not miss the plane.

Cooked oates made on water for breakfast.

Plane take off time was 6:30 but it was running 20 minutes late. Got on the plane to the smell of freshly cooked hot muffins. I politely said no to the muffin but asked for a cup of tea so was given my plastic cup. I got a caramel sesame seed bar in my cup (4 portions - 50 calories each and only 2g sugar) Well I hummed and harred about it for a while and then quicly gave it back to the air hostess when she collected my cup.

Arrived at the conference to Danish tarts and tea. Passed on the Danish tarts and had a herb tea.

Into the conference with bowls full of lollies and I also won a chocolate for answering a question right. Passed on the lollies and gave my chocolate away:). OK

Out to lunch - a large smorgersboard of goodies - I passed on all the different types of salads, noodles, hot dishes etc etc and had a piece of grilled fish and some lettuce leaves followed by a herbal tea. Just feeling good when they bring out a table full of delicious looking desserts and everyone piling their plates high. I excused myself and went to the ladies to powder my nose and by that time it was time to get another herbal tea and head back into the confernce. OK

Out to afternoon tea, were they had all sorts of different icecreams - chocolate, vanilla chocolate coated, drumb sticks etc etc - looked at them and asked myself a question "did you even think about these before you saw them and did you want one of these before you saw it" I answered "NO" and kept on walking. Poured myself a herbal tea and headed back into the conference room. OK

Conference finishes and of course now it is cocktail hour - lots of wine and alcohol and lots of hot goodies walking around, bread curry puff things, little mini hamburgers, cheese, etc etc you get the idea - passed on all of them and the wine and I was really starting to feel hungry for some healthy food at this stage. OK

Off to the airport and we skip to the Qantas Club where there is more alcohol, lots of food, hot potato puffs, meat pies, cheese, nibbles to have with drinks, soup, bread rolls, biscuits - Yes I had to have something to eat. I had some lettuce leaf (think it was supposed to be the garnish:) and a pear. Very nice OK - happy with this healthy choice:)

Leave the lounge to board the plane. On the plane more wine offered and a pack with biscuits and cheese, peanuts, chocolate etc. I was really wanting a cuppa but I had to take the hole pack even though I just wanted the plastic cup SOOOO I declined on that. No food and no Cuppa.

Drove home from the airport (I live out of town on the other side). Feeling really hungry by this stage - got inside, attacked the fridge and had my leftover salad from yesterday and my left over chicken from yesterday plus 2 corn thins with natural peanutbutter. YES healthy food and feeling good.

Feeling very exhausted and sitting down now having a herbal tea and writing down my outstanding efforts for the day :).

Feeling really good about my day and overcoming a lot of food challenges that landed themselves my way today.

Thanks for listening.

Live With Passion
Kimmy

1 comment:

Magda said...

AWESOME effort Kimmy. I would have caved at the first temptation.

Magda